Greek Artichokes With Fresh Peas (Anginares me Bizelia)

Print Friendly and PDF

Another recipe with artichokes - I love artichokes! For those of you who also like them, you can check out the other two recipes I have posted so far - Artichoke Pie and Artichokes a la Polita. This is again a nutritious dish, easily prepared.


Ingredients
6 medium size young artichokes
½ kg fresh peas
3 new potatoes quartered
3 spring onions finely chopped
2 fresh garlic cloves chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
2 tablespoons fennel chopped
3 lemons
120 ml olive oil
Lemon juice
300 ml water
Salt and pepper


Preparation

Discard the outer leaves of the artichokes and then rub them with 2 lemons.

Place the artichokes in a bowl with juice from 1 lemon.

Put the oil in a pan, add the onion and the spring onions and stir for 1 minute.

Add the garlic and continue stirring.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir so that they are all covered in the oil.

Add the water.

Simmer until the potatoes are cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed and the food remains with just the oil.


If you've tried this recipe please rate it!



Eat And Enjoy!

3 comments:

moongoddesslae said...

it looks good... I'm starving!

Francis said...

It looks good, but im not a fan of vegetables so i think I'll pass..thanks for sharing a great info though

sen and qi said...

I love anginares me pizeli. My Mum cooks them well good. I also like koukia me anginares and I can make them really well too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics