Greek Kefalotyri Cheese

Print Friendly and PDF
Continuing the occasional series on Greek cheeses, we can take a look at the hard, salty yellow Greek cheese called Kefalotyri (or Kefalotiri).

It is made from sheep or goat's milk and the colour varies between yellow and white depending on the mixture of milk used. It is a hard cheese and can be used to make Saganaki or is very often used as grated cheese.

It takes around three months to ripen and has always been a very popular cheese. More mature Kefalotyri can also be eaten as a meze with ouzo.




Image: Wikipedia Commons

2 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Though Kasseri is my favorite I like this too. Of course I like anything with ouzo :)

Auntie E said...

I love learning new things about cheese, I will have to try this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics