Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours - Jamie Oliver's Latest Book

Print Friendly and PDF A bold claim indeed!

Well, both my wife and I are great fans of Jamie Oliver - not only for his cooking, but for his whole attitude which we find very positive and inspiring - so we were excited to see this new book of his which came out this month, Jamie's Ministry of Food.

The reason for the title of the book is given as follows:

Sixty years ago food was in short supply and malnutrition rates were high. "The Ministry of Food" was set up to teach the public how to make the best use of the food available to them. Fast forward to the present day, where we have unlimited choices and plenty of food, yet we're living in a world of junk food, additives and preservatives. Our war is now against obesity, as most people have little or no idea about how to cook and what makes a balanced diet. We need to learn from the past. We need to look back at the way our grandmothers and great-grandmothers cooked - wholesome, tasty food that was simple and quick to prepare.

Well, I can certainly go for that, and I believe that Jamie Oliver is able to help us achieve that. We have watched all his series on TV, and I personally was most impressed by the series which showed us how he took 15 kids off the street, so to speak, and trained them so that they eventually worked in his new restaurant. It was the way he worked with them that impressed me - he's not only a great cook, but can also work with people (which isn't always the case!) and also manages to pass on his obvious enthusiasm for food and cooking.

We're looking forward to our copy arriving!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also admire the guy and I love his Fifteen project :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I like your blog. I made you an Entrecard image. I just added your blog title on the EC card you already have. Let me know where to send it if you'd like to see it. :)

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would drop by and say hello. I found you through the blog net awards. You have some great recipes here. I voted and commented on your Blog maybe you could do the same for me.

Walt AKA All Sports on the Web
All Sports on the Web

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics